Yellow doesn't help

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by faffi, Apr 29, 2014.

1. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

Got a link to the victorian hi-vis regulations?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bimbo

Bimbo New Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikesbytes

It doesn't really state what a high vis vest or jacket is

Am I reading this right that all riders will be required to have lights on?

4. Bimbo

Bimbo New Member

At this stage, only riders under graduated licence scheme (years 1 -3) are compulsory lights on.

5. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

I believe in compulsory lights on if for nothing else than keeping traffic uniform. If you have half running with and half without lights, chances are that those without can more easily be ignored since people will begin to watch out for lights. Here, lights on cars and bikes have been mandatory to use at all times since the mid-70s.

6. Bimbo

Bimbo New Member

No surprise that a month on there are already rumblings within VicToads to extend the HIVIS to include all riders.

Expect an announcement soon for compulsory riding gear to include motorcycle boots and gloves.

7. mikesbytes

How hard is it to see a motorbike? What a nanny state

If they want a real reduction in road fatalities, then make wearing helmets in cars compulsory. Hang on we can't do that, we'll get voted out, lets look at minority groups

8. Backmarker

Backmarker Piston broke

Hi-vis with reflective panels is being (or has been) phased in germany I think ?

I also note in the UK that about 1/2 the bikes I see on the road are putting hi-vis vests on now ?

9. mikesbytes

The Vic govt high vis vests for learner riders came in, in October. Any observations by the Vic members here?

10. Backmarker

Backmarker Piston broke

Yeah, the principle of a learners permit for motorbikes, like Victoria has, is stupid.

But on the subject of vests, here all learners doing rider training (and therefore are followed by an instructer in car or on bike, and in radio contact at all times) need to wear hi vis vests as well. I think it's not a bad idea to identify them :shrug:

#20 Backmarker, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014