Why has the SCR950 bombed?

Discussion in 'New Models' started by faffi, Dec 9, 2017.

1. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

In USA, MSRP is 8699 USD, but I've seen it listed as low as 3990!
    https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2017-Yamaha-SCR950-5000083927

I wonder why? Other than the horrible lack of rear wheel travel, I quite like it. Not surprising, perhaps, since I am in the process of making something similar from my Virago, but I would have imagined this could be the ticket for old geeks like myself who once dreamed of being man enough to kick start an XT500. Apparently not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Nobody bought it 'cause it's an underpowered, under suspended, underwhelming, bag of arse.

If you want something to do everything, buy an XR650R and put a long range tank on it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

But it is no worse than the standard XV950 cruiser, which sells very well.

5. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

Motorcycle market is saturated and mostly in decline in various markets. If your model is not on the money or does not answer a particular call it won't sell.

faffi likes this.