Please Read Website Bugs/Issues

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions' started by PAPPACLART, Nov 30, 2017.

1. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

Should you have any issues with the new forum platform post up here and I'll look into it. If you are even slightly Interwebz savvy you should be able to work most things out for yourselves.

@Registered

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 PAPPACLART, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  3. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

Can i also suggest changes here?
    I have no idea how the interballs work, so I don't know what can be done to what ......
    But I LOVE the "new posts" quick link at the top. Would there be a way to ad a button somewhere like my email "mark all as read".
    So if there are a heap of new posts on a topic that's not for me, I can mark them as read so they don't display as "new posts" ?????

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Mark forums read, it says upper lift corner.

PAPPACLART likes this.
  5. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

I do not believe that there is a way to mark all read for specific topics that you are not interested in but the easiest way would be to read the posts that are relevant/of interest to you from the "news post", then after you can click the "Mark all forums read" link top left. (highlighted in red above admin in the below image) That should clear the unwanted notifications.

upload_2017-12-5_16-32-22.png

If you are on mobile it will look like the below. Or you can find in the flyout menu.

upload_2017-12-5_16-39-2.png

Check in your user settings as you may have some further options that will allow you to alter your notifications. Though I'll have to check.

I will see if there are any plugins that allow for more user control over "new posts".

The idea to show people new posts in this way is to encourage user interaction and to make it easier to find the latest stuff so is kind of shived in your face as a result :)

6. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

I have upped the Avatar file size limit so you'll all be able to upload a crispy looking Avatar.

For the sake of my OCD please upload a square Avatar. Recommended dims are 200 x 200 though you can go higher as long as it is square.

@Registered

faffi likes this.
  7. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

Thank you

8. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

Tip:

Instead of manually uploading images from your desktop to a post or thread, you can actually copy and paste image straight into posts using copy paste with your mouse on the said image.

On mobile, when uploading images to a post, with many phones for some strange reason the browser won't select your gallery app. This is something I am trying to sort out, not sure if it is a specific browser issue, OS issue, specific to phone issue or an issue with the forum software. There is no real easy way around this other than first uploading your image to say Photobucket or other image hosting website and then copying the link into the post using the text editor.

@Registered

9. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Does this board support Tapatalk, what about photobucket?

Uploading images is a piece of piss. You can even have the mcnews.com.au logo as a widget on your Home Screen. Boris organised a skinned version for his BIKEME! forum, which works very well on a phone-sized screen.

photobucket test - if you can see the Tapatalk page image below, all good, if not, there are browser add-ons which should sort it for you.
    [​IMG]

10. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

Yes it does support Taptalk. I am not a fan of Taptalk and have used it in the past with old non responsive VBulletin forums. With the age of Boris's forum anything is better than that! lol

Some people like Taptalk, I guess for it's speed and ease of use. Good forum software works fine on phones now. This forum is fully responsive so there is not much need for apps anymore. There are various other reasons why I choose not to use which I won't go into here.

We are not even on the latest version of this forum software. V2 has been released just recently and am waiting for it to mature a little, and will see how things pick up here before I decide to upgrade. V2 will further improve the native forum experience. (and hopefully fix the damn image upload issue lol)

11. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

I was never a fan of Tapatalk, but it is easier to use on the phone than a browser, on the odd occasions I do login with it, otherwise, I wouldn't bother. I don't like big screen phones; they break too easily with my usage, and browsing forums on a 4.5" screen is a chore, so Tapatalk works for that.