Trundling around NSW this weekend

Discussion in 'Rides' started by remedy, May 7, 2015.

1. remedy

remedy Active Member

I'm taking a long weekend ride before the weather gets too cold. Leaving early tomorrow morning.

Heading from Sydney up to Tamworth for Friday and Saturday night to spend some time with family. Not sure which way I'll go, especially due to recent flooding that might have effected the Hunter/New England region. Probably head up the putty road and then wing it from there.

If anyone's around Tamworthish and wants to go for a spin on Saturday, I'm planning on doing a bit of riding around that area. Most likely head across the Oxley and back unless someone wants to meet and go elsewhere.

Then riding back from Tamworth to Sydney on the Sunday taking in whatever good roads I haven't done already or want to do again.

Obligatory potato phone pics will be posted upon my return.

3. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Simo, if you're going to Tamworth via the Putty Rd, try this route. Gets you there with minimum exposure to Mordor (Singleton - Tamworth via New England Hwy), and a lot more interesting roads. All sealed, of course. Don't think they had as much of a problem with the floods n' shit as the Dungog side of the valley, either, so the minor roads should be okay.

Far less likely to run into the revenue-raisers, too.

There's still some roadworks at the bottom end of Thunderbolt's Way, near the lookout, but otherwise fine, and the Bucketts Way is okay. Gloucester to Singleton via Dungog should be okay by now, but there'll probably be some roadworks.

...and you can thank me later.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 lindsaymac, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  4. remedy

remedy Active Member

Thanks Lindz, didn't get that until a few minutes ago. Not too dissimilar to how I came anyway but might use your little detour around Singleton on the way home.

Had a good run up, blue Sky's and sunshine the whole day but a bit chilly, particularly early on. Good thing I had the thermal jocks on. Buell is running great since I had the stator rewound, new rotor and new enormous regulator. 14.2v the whole way, although water temps hovering in mid 70's probably wouldn't have been a problem for the old charging rig.

Looking forward to a run along the oxley tomorrow.

5. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

Hopefully a bit warmer (and a bit more reliable) than last time we were up there Simon!
    What are you riding?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. remedy

remedy Active Member

The buell 1125r still. See my previous post, I had about $1000 in parts replaced on it in the last 12 months to get the electrickery working properly. All good now, like it should have been from the factory.

7. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

excellent :)