The Graeme( Wookie ) Dews memorial ride

Discussion in 'Rides' started by byknblood, Jan 1, 2018.

1. byknblood

byknblood ATheC

Hi all,

After catching up with Fran and Wazza the other day and remembering "Gratrax" I decided to do a short ride at short notice to remember an old mates passing. 29/12/2017 marks six years RIP.:(

The short notice limited the people available, so we had four people roll up to the big servo in Byford at 10am, leaving shortly after. I'm sure many hearts were there.
    We meandered our way to Dwellingup via Serpintine Dam and Del Park road.
    After a splash of fuel and CHOCOLATE:p, we headed off for Quindanning for lunch at the pub.
    ( one of the Wookies favorite destinations ).

I must say at this point, if the Wookie was with us in this mortal world, he would of flatly refused to go with us as he would not venture out on double demerit periods. He had no choice on this occasion.:D:D:D

After being feed and watered, reminiscing and toasting our old mate, it was time to return home.
    We headed back via Lower Hotham rd to Dwellingup then down the North Spur to Pinjarra, where we bade farewell to Kane, as he lives down that direction.

We then headed back to Byford via Corio rd , Hopeland and zigged and zagged to stay amongst the trees where it was a bit cooler.

From Byford we headed back to Fran and Wazzas place to talk some more.o_O:)

Many thanks to those who took part ( Fran, Chris, Kane and myself )

To those that missed out, I am planing a get together for late Feb.o_O:)

RIP Wookie 26/3/1954 - 29/12/2011

Cheers,Alan.

Photos Fran ????? :oops: :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Good upon you all.

Vale Gratrax.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    darren and Miss Behave like this.
  4. Miss Behave

Miss Behave Norick Abe Award
    Super Mod

HUGE thanks to Al for reconnecting after the past few years of hibernation for us. I really have missed you all more than you know. Yeah, it was a beautiful day and thanks Chris, Kane and you, Al, for sharing your memories of Gra and your day.

Pics below, I hope you can see them, if not get the photobucket hotlink fix for Chrome extension (free).

In the beginning: Meeting up at the Caltex Byford:

[​IMG]

At the Quindanning Hotel, a place I first rode with Gra, and the scene of many good times for us all with him over the years:

[​IMG]

Al (aka byknblood):

[​IMG]

Kane (aka rebelrider):

[​IMG]

Chris (aka jonescg):

[​IMG]

Me:

[​IMG]

Where we went:

[​IMG]

And Gra, in spirit:

[​IMG]

I've been spending the best part of today going through my old photos and having a good laugh and quiet sled of a tear at the same time. Happy to share some of the best if you want. Let me know.

Thanks again, Al!

darren and faffi like this.
  5. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Thanks for the pics, MIss B, Gra would be well pleased. That last one always cracks me up.