Stoner's Book

Discussion in 'MotoGP' started by Morpheus46, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Morpheus46

Morpheus46 aka John

Just finished reading Casey's book and quite an interesting read. It certainly gave some insight into the workings of the motogp phenomenon.
    I can see why he left.
    A good old farm boy who talks straight and expects everyone else to do the same. Of course, most don't.
    Back when he was having issues with the media, I was thinking "why don't you just shut up and stop rocking the boat?"
    Seems it's not his style. He says exactly what he thinks. Can be a counter productive that.
    Cant help but admire the guy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rjo

rjo Not biting

There appear to be a couple of books out there, or there are two versions, "Pushing the Limits" and "Victory Lap". Are they the same?

4. Morpheus46

Morpheus46 aka John

Dunno. I've got Pushing the Limits. Didn't know there was another one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rjo

rjo Not biting

It may be the same book. I just looked it up on google and found those two titles, released at almost the same time, and books etc often have different titles for different markets.

6. Emtee

Emtee Member

No, they are different. Victory Lap is predominantly a pictorial - a great coffee table book. I have both.

7. fastmax27

fastmax27 Back in action

I debated getting a copy of this myself, I am curous to know if he divulges any/much more about his love hate relationship with the sport than what we already know??? Not expecting specifics here but just want to know if it's worth the read

8. smythie

smythie Casey Stoner Award
    Super Mod

there's ahandful of pages toward that back that go into it and some of it was different/new to me.

There was a different explanation for why they left AUS as early as they did too.

A pretty good read.

9. Cal

Cal Hotshot
    Administrator Super Mod

I got the book for xmas but only have just began reading it. Shouldn't take long, big font, good for my old deteriorating eyes.

10. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

It's a good read. Of course, it is describing the view from one side and as such will be tainted, but it seems to be as honest as he can make it. I still have about 1/3 to go before I'm done, but I'm glad I got the book. So far, though, for me the best (auto)biography I have read was Wayne Rainey's. Rossi's "What if I had never tried it" or what it was called was also a good read. Actually, most have been good and each one gives new insight. Unfortunately, my brain is made of Teflon so I tend to forget most of the information quite quickly :oops: