Some interesting engines

Discussion in 'Old Dungers' started by faffi, Mar 23, 2021.

1. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

Didn't know there were so many 4 cylinder models pre WW2. I'm guessing that there was a tradeoff between power and handling in those days

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Also production cost would have played a big role, I think.

5. Stuart Hablethwaite

Stuart Hablethwaite New Member

For me I have only 1 Unique favorite bike I have been on the track and witnessed it's brilliance in all aspects. Never got near having a ride, but was introduced to the creator by the pilot at the time when we were at Bathurst for the 1993 Castrol Australian TT. That was the Britton ridden by Andrew Stroud. Brilliant rides by the locals Scott Mitchell and Mark Everington beat the Briton. But for a unique part of motorcycle history the Britton definitely deserves a podium place.

mikesbytes and faffi like this.
  6. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Britton was a genious that went way too soon. Motoczysz also had some clever ideas, but did not manage to meet the success of Britton.

mikesbytes likes this.
  7. Stuart Hablethwaite

Stuart Hablethwaite New Member

8. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Have you seen the replica Allen Millyard made?

9. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Alan Millyard is insane. Talks about his builds like a carpenter would about knocking up some drawers to go in a kitchen cupboard.

faffi likes this.