So.. What are you wearing..?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Vicko, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Bimbo

Bimbo New Member

Other than the fashion aspect of a dual sport helmet on a adv bike, I think most typical adv bike riders would get a better ride out of a flip-top hat. Fo sure, fo hard core adventuring they are a better option but honestly how many adv bikes are really used that adventurously these days?

Flip-top hats fall into the same category as heated grips - you figure they're the biggest wank until you experience them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JNO

JNO New Member

There's an easy fix for noisy helmets - just go watch a Top Fuel event at Willowbank.

Pardon?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. smythie

smythie Casey Stoner Award
    Super Mod

can't I go to WSID?

4. GrahamB

GrahamB Decaying member

My new X-lite X802r just arrived (or actually, I went and picked it up after UPS tried for 3 days to deliver it while I was not at home... surprise).
    It comes with a book of instructions: I wonder, is there anyone who is at the same time dumb enough to need instruction in the use of a helmet (use on head, see-through bit goes at front), and able to read?

5. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

I've ordered a new old stock Rossi replice GP Pro helmet at a far too high price. Not because I particularly lust for a RR helmet, but because they come in size ML (58 = perfect fit) and the two I've head before have been great. The first were crash tested, head-butting a Volvo. The second is still doing fine, but getting on a bit at 6 years of age. So now I will have a replacement in storage for next year when I will semi-retire the old one.

6. Jezza

Jezza Ugly Bitch

I rode the scooter to town today in shorts a light summer jacket, sneakers, no gloves and my 7 year old Shoei something-something. I can't believe I survived unscathed :)

On the bikes if it's a short cruise somewhere I'll wear TCX shoes (very comfy), O'Neal back protector vest, my old draggin jeans I bought about 8 years ago, a leather jacket I got from my Dad in '99 I think (it only has thin, soft padding, no armour - I'd like to get some integrated in it), my Shoei something-something and my battered old Held gloves.
    I'm a big fan of Held gloves (not so much their other gear). SO comfy and they do their job well.
    I've crashed about 6 times with them and finally wore a small hole in them. Ange got me a new pair last year I wear on longer rides and on track days now.

For longer rides: The same back protector vest (it works well and is fairly wide accross the shoulders, which was great when I "tested" it) Alpinestars once-piece leathers (tested twice I think, still looking good), old Sidi Vertebra boots (I think I've had them for almost 10 years now?) and my Shoei.

For riding the mootang I have a pair of Diadora motard boots. They're not especially nicely finished and a bit uncomfy for walking but dealt well with a bike ending up on top of one of them as well as a few other smaller and larger tumbles.

I'd really like to replace my helmet. Gonna try a few different brands. Scorpion (I like the idea of the pumpable padding), Airoh, Nolan, HJC and Marushin

7. GrahamB

GrahamB Decaying member

Yeah, my road helmet the last few years is my previous race helmet and is still in very good shape. But in France, no track use if the helmet is more than 5 years old (from the date of manufacture) :(

Tried the X_lite at a trade show and really liked the fit.

Wanted this one
    no-x802res014_600.jpg
    but after ordering it, found out X-Lite didn't have any in stock and it would be "4-6 weeks to make one to order". Since those are Italian weeks, I decided to swap to something they had in stock... same pattern but B&W.

I have to admit, AGV have the best graphic designers.

#37 GrahamB, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  8. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

The one that's on its way to me
    $(KGrHqR,!kwE.JPG

9. Jezza

Jezza Ugly Bitch

Interesting Graham, you've got some track days planned... :)

10. GrahamB

GrahamB Decaying member

I have no plans... but I'm removing obstacles :)