sissis got the sack

Discussion in 'Moto2 & Moto3' started by shanes, Aug 18, 2014.

1. shanes

shanes New Member

Following Sunday’s Czech Grand Prix at Brno, Mahindra communicated Sissis’ departure from the Indian outfit within its post-race press release.

‘Mahindra Racing today announced that rising Italian star Andrea Migno will replace Sissis until the end of the season,’ the paragraph begins. ‘Migno (18), a graduate of the VR46 Riders’ Academy, has earned his chance with strong performances in the FIM CEV Repsol championship.’

“I take the opportunity to say goodbye to Arthur, to thank him for his contribution, and to welcome Andrea Migno for Silverstone,” states Mahindra Racing CEO Mufaddal Choonia. “I am looking forward to more exciting racing.”

“It wasn’t a good race and not how I wanted to say goodbye to Mahindra,” commented Sissis, who ended the Brno race in 26th place. “Once again I was in among the slower riders, and it was impossible to get away.”

Sissis has been part of the World Championship full-time since 2012, having made his debut with a one-off appearance at the 2011 Malaysian Grand Prix.

Migno will make only his third Grand Prix appearance at Silverstone next weekend, having previously raced in the Catalan and Czech Grands Prix of 2013.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. verseandvoice

verseandvoice Prophet

He was always in among the slower riders it looked like to me. Too much of an excuse and time to go. I feel sorry for him a little and I hoped he'd get better results but it seems that he's reached the level of his ability. Which is still far beyond most of us.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 verseandvoice, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  4. Gypsy

Gypsy Past fast rider

A bit like Ant West, unless it rains he doesn't do much good.

5. GrahamB

GrahamB Decaying member

It's kind of instructive to look at Bradl, who is getting the arse from Ceccinello's team. Today in testing, when I looked he was 0.8s/lap off the best. I don't think anyone posting here would get within 18s/lap...

6. bourkem

bourkem Legal Eagle

That's an odd post Graham - I haven't read into the comments of anyone on this Forum that they think they are Moto-anything standard riders. But just as I criticise the efforts of players on my favourite AFL team for their performances from time to time doesn't mean I think I'm an AFL players bootstraps! It's just a part of being a fan and feeling involved in your sport of choice. :)

7. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Did Bradl get the sack? From what I read, Bradl wouldn't commit to LCR, saying he wanted to consider other options, then signed with Forward. That's what both British and German press have presented.

8. Morpheus46

Morpheus46 aka John

Why would anyone choose to go from a factory backed Honda to a semi - factory Yamaha? If I was considering options, I'd want to be on the best bike possible. But thats just me.

9. shanes

shanes New Member

i heard while in Spain, he was holding out for something better contract wise and said if he didn't get it he was walking , LCR went and signed Cal .

this was just talk in paddock so i don't know how true it is , but why ruin a good story with the truth :-}}

10. shanes

shanes New Member

double post

11. Morpheus46

Morpheus46 aka John

Thats awfully brave when you are falling off and not finishing in the top 5 consistently. I think you've only got negotiating power when you are pushing the full factory teams, a la Aleix.