Should be fast enough

Discussion in 'New Models' started by faffi, May 14, 2020.

1. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Yep.250hp should do it. I'm not even going to try and fathom why.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

No probs, the ecu has a pensioner mode, its called low power mode :)

#3 mikesbytes, May 17, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
  5. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

I think it is the torque more than the outright power that make is that insane.

6. lindsaymac

Super Mod

There are very few people on this planet who could go close to using 250hp in a road bike. You want it, buy it, but if you can't use it, don't ask why people will call you a wanker.

faffi likes this.
  7. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

Lindz - Voltron Evo has 230 hp, but that's just the product of torque and rpm. Accessing 600 Nm of torque is a beautiful thing, and capable of transforming your perceptions permanently. So the 230 hp is a big number, but only cause the torque necessitates.

(It took me three sessions to grow the balls to wind the throttle to the stop at Barbs on a trackday!)

8. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

The massive torque, also on the H2, is probably why it feels so insane. And the battery-bike likely even more so. A normally tuned 250 hp litre bike would be gentler at lower speeds/rpm.

9. lindsaymac

Super Mod

@jonescg: Knew Voltron had insane power and torque numbers but as you said, it took 3 goes to summon up the nerve to wind the throttle to the stop. Luckily, that was on a racetrack where there is a bit more margin for error, on the road, not so much.
    My bike has slightly less than 100hp and I've rarely felt it needed more but when I have, it's been on a very open road at go-directly-to-jail speeds, so prolly better I don't have it.

faffi likes this.
  10. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

Yeah totally, but I guess the point I was trying to make is that it's the torque which makes you smile, and the main reason a litre bike is preferable over a 250. It's not the ultimate top speed you're buying, it's the low down acceleration. The stupid top speed comes for free.

faffi likes this.