One can understand why he was pi??ed off

Discussion in 'Moto2 & Moto3' started by faffi, Nov 22, 2012.

1. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Seems like the bike held him back over 2012:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. smythie

smythie Casey Stoner Award
    Super Mod

I presume this was at Valencia? Different conditions and all that. How much dry time did the tiddlers get during the race weekend? Actually, wasn't the race run in wet/damp conditions? What conditions were they testing in? In any case, another couple of days to sort out setup and such would account for a decent chunk of that time I'd say.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gids

gids Slow Rider

Vinales should harden up, acted like a spoilt brat - most riders would love the chance to ride his machinery with that backing...

5. darren

darren :)
    Super Mod

It's all that hot spanish blood coursing through his stiff aggravated little veins, little bits of piss and shit sometimes escaping when the heated tension is at it's height.

6. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Oh, FFS, how many Grand Prix champions haven't been champion dummy-spitters, at some time?

7. smythie

Super Mod

They don't get much bigger than Stoner in recent history

8. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

This is young Maverick we're talking about? I think he's a bit of a talent, myself. I don't much care what he says, I just hope he keeps riding well. ... I care even less what Laglisse's Pablo Nieto says.

Look, I'm not entirely familiar with the circumstances, but it is that time of year. Season's over, things have gone quiet, people will report pretty much anything that's going to sell a couple of lines of text. Team's saying something slightly supportive of their rider. Big deal. It's not quite in the same class as having Stoner say the sport's turning to sh!t and walking away from it at the top of his game. Not that that was particularly earth-shaking either, it was in character, but it was on a rather higher level than this.

I've enjoyed Maverick's rides. I hope I'll get to watch more of them.

9. darren

Super Mod

Yep, all true, and the lad can certainly peddle OK.

Fordmee, it would be interesting to hear what the contractual ramifications of his no show were. At the end of the day, there is still a signed contract with conditions that required conformance from the person who scribbled at the bottom of it.

10. smythie

Super Mod

You're driving a Toyota these days mate

11. darren

Super Mod

:D

Might suss Trev about the FPV's next. ;)