Norway the Australian way

Discussion in 'Rides' started by faffi, Jan 3, 2015.

1. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

[video=youtube;qJgIVXCSc-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJgIVXCSc-8[/video]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

Apart from the water it does look a bit like inland AU though it does rain sometimes

Looks like you enjoyed yourself

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

LOL. It doesn't do that shit in outback Australia very often, but it does happen. It doesn't much look like that, when it does, because usually it's been like 20 years since last time it happened, and all the shrubbery is gone or almost... there's a lot more red mud, and it's a bit like potter's clay... slippery as fuk... Even really GOOD offroad stuff struggles then, and trucks and road trains that normally get along those roads, are in trouble. Yes, roadtrains. What do you think they use roadtrains for? It's not up and down the East coast where there are civilians and traffic cops, tar, it's along millions of km of roads just like that one, nearest house at least 20km away.

... That isn't that bad. I would have thought twice about taking the ZX14 along it, but on most of my bikes, I'd go there without a second thought. At least the ones without any lower fairings. And maybe weren't brand new and shiny any more. ... the one in my avatar, perhaps not. Not only was it not mine, and (to start with) in showroom condition, it had distinctly rearward weight distribution, and conditions like that would be just begging for a stupid washout low-side. It did have some things it was exceptionally good at, but that road / track would not have been one of them.

That's the other odd thing. I am on pretty much the opposite part of the world, but I am a bit surprised how flat and empty that looks. I tend to think of Norway in terms of Fjords, mountains... In terms of being big and wide open, that is a bit like what a lot of Australia looks like. There are parts of the US that also look like that, and Yanks get a bit misty-eyed about them... If the greatest thing you can give the world is open space and pea-soup patriotism, I don't think that says anything good about home... LOL. 'Come to Glasgow - We've got Bovril - and HAGGIS! An uf ya lookit people the rung weigh, they'll head-but ya!' (Glasgow tourist board.)

#3 kneedragon, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  5. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Wasn't my video, I just stumbled upon it. Did you see the standard cars there :shock: Would hate to take my Volvo estate along that road!

I prefer the coast with its fjords, though - the road in the video is way up north, not far from North Cape. They have huge plains up there. Google Finnmarksvidda if you care to see more.

This is more to my liking, a lake down on one side and mountain on the other :up:

[video=youtube;wWlhy0SjxX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWlhy0SjxX0[/video]

6. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

Yes, that looks a bit more like my image of Norway. ... Finland? Viking territory anyway...

LOL. Some interesting black marks there on the road, at the end. ... Yes, the brakes work... that isn't why you went through the fence. LOL.

#5 kneedragon, Jan 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015