MotoGP MotoGP 2021

Discussion in 'MotoGP' started by PAPPACLART, Nov 30, 2017.

1. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Don't know how much he gained, 0.25 - 0.5 sec? That's a fair advantage at the end of a lap, especially if it's down to the last and that's how far ahead you are.

Not saying that was going to be the case but the potential, however unlikely, was there. That's why they have rules and penalties for breaking them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

I see that Rossi is thinking the same as me that a minor infringement should result in a long lap penalty rather than a pit lane drive thru. The long lap is a new idea that was brought in as a replacement for the loose a place penalty and it wouldn't surprise me to see it being used for other penalties in the future

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikesbytes

Did you see the videos to the 2 jump starts at Cota? Much like Crutchlow

4. lindsaymac

Super Mod

Yep, only small movements but the letter of the law, etc. The long lap penalty would be far more appropriate, as it would more than negate any advantage gained without putting the rider out of the race completely.

faffi and mikesbytes like this.
  5. mikesbytes

Vinales did the long lap twice before doing the pit drive thru. First one cost him 3 seconds but he didn't manage to stay within the boundaries so he did it again and that one cost him 5 seconds. The drive thru cost him 25 seconds

6. mikesbytes

7. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

I'd like to see Lorenzo and Vinales swapping seats for next year. Even a satellite Yamaha ride would be good for Jorge. And Yamaha.

8. lindsaymac

Super Mod

Hard to say what's going on with Lorenzo and it would be a shame to see him go, but nothing lasts forever and his rash of injuries haven't done him any favours.

9. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

So JL is gone, never liked the guy but it is a shame nonetheless as he was an amazing rider. I think he still had it in him, though recovering and gaining confidence from that spinal injury was not a great idea on the beastly Honda that only MM seems to be able to tame. He should have signed for Suzuki either for the factory or in a satellite team which I hear that Suzuki will work on having in 2021. That bike would suit him immensely as it is sweet handling and rewards a smooth rider

I also do not know how I feel about Alex Marquez signing for Honda, I still have to process it, though if he lives up to the family name he'll take points of MM.

faffi likes this.
  10. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Back when Rossi joined Ducati, I hoped he would rather go with Suzuki. I think his statistics would have looked much better. Also, JL should have stayed with Ducati, but I think they lost faith with him just when things began to click. Not unlike what they - and Cal - did a few years earlier.

MM has proved to be able to do with the Honda what Stoner could do to the Ducati. But I think MM is even better than Stoner. In fact, I think he is the GOAT because he can do things nobody else can. And he is very clever. You can see how often Rossi fails with his tactics, whereas MM virtually always succeed with his.

Best case scenario now would be for JL to become Yamaha's test rider. At least for Yamaha ;)

AM? I cannot see him making it in MotoGP. Then again, he finally became champion in Moto2, despite struggling for years, so never say never. However, I'd much rather pick him than Zarco.