MotoGP 2017

Discussion in 'MotoGP' started by mikesbytes, Jul 4, 2015.

1. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

Yeah, not everyone uses a reverse pattern. I had a roadbike once that was reversed. When I got a race bike, one of the first things I did was re-organise the gear linkage, to give me back a standard pattern. I figured if the race bike was the only one I rode, I'd get used to it, but if I was changing back & forth with the ZX14... and I didn't really want to change the pattern on that one. I'd had the experience with the Magnum, and that showed there are some advantages to it, but it becomes a big problem if you're riding different bikes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

I can switch between auto and manual tranny in cars without thinking about it, but I cannot wrap my mind around reversed shift patterns on bikes. Especially not under stress. My brother, OTOH, can swap between not only up-down / down-up, but right hand and left hand shifting in both direction without thinking about it. Different talents.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikedufty

mikedufty New Member

I have reversed shift pattern thumb shifters between my flat bar road bike and mountain bike. Mostly OK but I make mistakes more often than I'd like to if I was in a situation it did more than slow me down a little.

4. Backmarker

Backmarker Piston broke

Definately not race pattern, but who cares, like you said it's a personal thing. KR JR was another to stay sonventional pattern.
    I've converted all my bikes to race, because the Honda was by default (and coundn't be switched back with a simple flipping of the selector. Hated it as first bit now prefer it. But have no problems switching between the two styles except when in real go fast mode