MotoGP 2015 Round 17 - Sepang

Discussion in 'MotoGP' started by junkmale, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Gypsy

Gypsy Past fast rider

2. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

A bunch of fuckwits trying to cash in on the controversy

PS I luved the chasers antics when Johnny Howard was doing his power walking morning exercise and I didn't feel that Johnny was in any danger, which is probably why they let the chasers strut their stuff

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikesbytes

Its still going on, this time Honda is saying the data shows that Rossi kicked. I doubt that that can be concluded from the data, perhaps it if was aligned with the various videos then it might tell us a little more

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Gypsy

Gypsy Past fast rider

Honda will find a way to prove they are right, even if they are wrong.

Time to get the cheque book out..... again

5. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

... What I think the data can show, is that something suddenly bumped the brake lever. We already concluded that. What the data can't show, is whether that something was Rossi's knee (or shin) or the back edge of the fairing, or indeed Marc's own fingers... There was contact, and in that contact, the brake got sharply applied. We can figure that out without the telemetry...

The initial outrage over the incident, was down to an onboard shot where it looked like Rossi kicked out a moment before contact, and aimed for the right handlebar area. It does give one very clear view (and interpretation) of what happened. But then you see the overhead shots, and the same things happen but in a different order. From the chopper, it looks like they came together, and Marc's right grip and brake and hand, ended up between the back edge of the fairing and Rossi's knee. Then the front of Marc's bike washes out because the brake has been sharply applied. Honda's telemetry doesn't really change any of that.

6. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

This case has grown way out of proportions.

7. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

I agree. But it has got half the world talking about top level bike racing... Like I said earlier, there was a very famous case here in Aus, (back in the 1960s I think) of two prominent racing drivers having a punch-up in the pits afterwards. We all hung our heads and muttered about what a damn shame it was, and then gate sales at the next meeting doubled... Any publicity is good publicity, and excellent if they spell your name right.

8. Emtee

Emtee Member

Thursday's press conference has been cancelled and the riders have been summoned to a meeting with Ezpelleta and Ippolito instead. I would be more worried about the fans and their behaviour - I hope they have good security.

9. mikesbytes

Can image the Lorenzo and Marquez fans slogging it out with the Rossi fans while the Pedrosa fans look on and scratch their heads

10. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

The assault on MM by Italian "journalists" was taking things at least 3 steps too far, so I reckon it is correct to take measures by the president and ruling organisation.