MotoGP 2015 Round 17 - Sepang

Discussion in 'MotoGP' started by junkmale, Oct 10, 2015.

1. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

MM is definitely a harder rider than Rossi. I don't think there has been a tougher rider in the history of GP racing than MM. De Angelis earlier on and Lorenzo in his 125 and 250 days were also mean bastards. I'll repeat my question about incidents that are borderline per race - I think Rossi will come out as a pretty clean rider. Not spotless, but not bad. Rossi/Gibbers in Jerez and Asssen, Biaggi/Rossi at Suzuka, Rossi/Stoner Laguna Seca, Rossi/Melandriat Motegi, MM/Rossi at Argentina and Assen, Rossi/MM at Sepang comes to mind. I've placed the - in my eyes - primary offendet's name first. Please put up other incidents you feel belong here.

For me, the episode with MM now at Sepang is IMO the smallest of the once I mentioned. It was low speed and little or no aggression, more like frustration. So a bit strange that it has caused the headlines it has.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

LOL

They even got the context to work in with the emotion

4. pete40

pete40 Member

Why would The Kid be mad about Argentina? Rossi was at zero fault there. Fact.

Assen would be deemed to be fault on The Kid's part giving Rossi no option but to dirt-track it.

Stoner should feel aggrieved for Laguna - Rossi did cheat there for sure. The Kid was showing his smart arse colours when he did the same thing on Rossi years later. In fact, it shows to me just how good a rider The Kid is - way too good. And Rossi knows it. The way The Kid constantly saves crashes on the brakes is mind-boggling - surely that's gotta go wrong some day soon?

5. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

The dud's from the Italian show The Hyenas are a pack of idiots, I hope they get charged with assault

6. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

It's in the rule book. If Marquez had simply blasted around the outside of Rossi, using the green painted area, then fucked off, I'm sure the stewards would have had something to say about it, because he would have been seen to be gaining advantage, even if only momentarily. If they didn't, Lin Jarvis definitely would.

spinz has the right of it, when he asks how much time did MM have to think about the situation, at the time. My guess is, not much.

...and just for a giggle: https://www.facebook.com/MotorbikeDaily/videos/644555052353497/

#236 lindsaymac, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  7. pete40

pete40 Member

What happened there - missed that development?

8. pete40

pete40 Member

Ah - I see now. Sounds a bit like "The Chaser" - type antics that can go wrong.

Might be assault the other way...

"Stephen and Alexander [the Le Iene journalists] are now in hospital, healing from their injuries.” "

9. pneumatic

pneumatic aka Wes

You're probably right.

If I was MM and I was on the outside of someone who started standing their bike and and looking back at me, I would have stood my bike right up and moved away from them, not stayed so close that if they moved slightly further out I'd crash into them. But I am not MM. He's prepared to take high risks and he often pays the consequences. This was another one of those times.

10. shanes

shanes New Member