MotoGP 2015 Round 17 - Sepang

Discussion in 'MotoGP' started by junkmale, Oct 10, 2015.

1. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

Yeah, it's very Rossi....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

The answer to the question about what happens is the process permits him to race without the points and wins the title then later the points are upheld... is that the points will be applied at that time

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rjo

rjo Not biting

My take is that this is not the first time VR has resorted to unsporting conduct on the track. As I have said before, I went off him when he ran gibbers of the track many years ago, and the moves on Stoner at Laguna were worthy of censure as well. After he got away with his move on Stoner at the corkscrew, it seems it is now OK to cut the corner there. They have let VR get away with too much, and now it comes home to roost.

4. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

And it brings up the point of what should have rules and what shouldn't;
    1. Rossi runs out wide and shuts the throttle. Should that be a penalty for deliberately inhibiting a rider from racing.
    2. Marquez runs into the side of the Rossi and falls off. Should there be an automatic penalty because it happened when Rossi did point 1 above, or should there be evidence that Rossi caused Marquez to unavoidably fall off.

5. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Rossi obviously is too emotionally involved. I don't think his outburst on Thursday was a "mental trick" - what we saw wasn't a calculating, cynical Rossi, but an emotional Rossi that really felt what he said. This also means that his team haven't done their job to help Rossi focus on the important bit - beating Jorge to the title.

And what we see now is that his team continue to fail in their advisory role. Had Rossi, come Monday/Tuesday, gone to MM and Jorge and said he had been acting silly and apologized - he didn't have to agree, but he should have let the anger go if the team had made the right mental games - he would have won respect from the masses and also put MM and Jorge off their game. They would then have spent much time trying to decipher Rossi's motives for such a move.

Instead, Rossi with his team continue to focus on the wrong matter. His strategy should have been on how to race the best he can given the circumstances and focused on the positives, like not having to start among the wolves and being able to ride with nothing to lose.

We have all been there, letting emotions take over common sense. The trial system is overflowing with just such cases, and friendships are lost over petty matters daily. It's human. But when you are at the peak with access to advisers en masse, you should be guided differently. Rossi hasn't surrounded himself with enough critical advisors. And he's not alone as that seems to be the rule, not the exception.

6. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

I would tend to agree. As I said already, I think he was just speaking his mind for once. When he works it out and does something calculated & engineered, it's usually a whole lot better worked out & calculated than this is...

#226 kneedragon, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  7. pneumatic

pneumatic aka Wes

That would make a great story, except it's not Astroturf, it is race track that happens to be green in colour. Marquez could have gassed it around the outside of Rossi running across this green track and onto the extra racetrack outside of that. There was never any risk of being forced into gravel (like MM did to Rossi in Assen) or astroturf.

8. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Ah,yes, but in so doing would have "exceeded the limit of the track to gain advantage", and we've seen quite a few riders pinged for doing just that during Practice and Qualifying, and their laps have been cancelled. Doing it during a race, I presume, has other penalties, like time added, or a ride through?

Which is something Flossi should have been pinged for at Assen, but he was deemed not to have gained an advantage; winning the race by taking a short cut isn't an advantage. Same as his pass on Stoner at the Corkscrew.

He may be one of the greatest riders we'll ever see, but he's also a cheat. I'd rank him alongside Michael Schumacher, only Schumi never had a personality.

9. pneumatic

pneumatic aka Wes

I can't remember seeing anyone pinging for that while going off the track on the outside of the corner...

10. spinz

spinz Spinning the wheel

And how much time did Mm have when thinking all this stuff also racing with the hardest racer on a motoGP bike during a world championship race?