MotoGP 2015 Round 17 - Sepang

Discussion in 'MotoGP' started by junkmale, Oct 10, 2015.

1. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

I don't blame Lorenzo for being pissed off, he should have left Sepang with a 9 point lead instead of a a 7 point deficit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. anttisexual

anttisexual Pastafarian biker :)

It still boggles me the chasm that separates the opposing views on this one. The racers themselves, other racers, journos, arm chair experts, one eyed fans.... almost everybody seems obviously biased one way or the other imo. It is perhaps the most polarising event I can recall in motor racing. Almost like religious nut bags. And it is suprisingly close to 50/50 too from my observation. Like with religious nut bags, it seems to me the mutually exclusive nature of each side's facts is a strong indicator both sides are wrong, lol. Amyway, the commentary of the soap opera is out shinning the soap opera motogp itself has become. It's great entertainment :up:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lindsaymac

Super Mod

It gets better:

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/10/30/valentino-rossi-appeals-fim-stewards-decision/188688

I'd really laugh if the court decided the penalty wasn't harsh enough, and the FIM took the 16 points back.

4. Cal

Cal Hotshot
    Administrator Super Mod

Rossi to Dorna - "I-aiiirr, I sign da contract wid Yamaka for 2 more year. I-aiiiiirr, I make you da money, ya? So-aiiir, you let me go of dis penalty."

5. lindsaymac

Super Mod

Pretty much. The hearing will only be about whether the penalty can be applied to Valencia, the decision on which will only open another can of worms.

If the court stays the penalty until after the hearing, and Flossi wins the title, what happens if they subsequently decide the penalty was fair, take the it back and give it to Lorenzo in six months time?

This is getting beyond a joke,

...but it is selling advertising space. :lol:

6. verseandvoice

verseandvoice Prophet

I know it's been mentioned about Capirossi v Harada but does anyone remember Hans Spaan being mugged by the Italian mafia at PI in 1990 allowing Capirossi to win the 125 title that year? It's not the first time things have been a bit off in the GP circus and it won't be the last. Forget it. Move on.

7. lindsaymac

Super Mod

8. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

Thanks, I was just going to point that out...

9. spinz

spinz Spinning the wheel

"Gino Rea" take:-

I've had quite a few people ask me about the Sepang events so before the excitement at Valencia begins, here are some of my views. I am not taking sides as I believe both riders were at fault in one way or another. Firstly, I recommend reading these articles, in which I agree mostly with:
    https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...oes_who_h.html (scroll down to 'Down the rabbit hole')
    http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/ra...pang-incident/

My opinion of some of the standout points in the articles...

"He was trying to judge the right moment to turn in, something which proved to be impossible. At some point, he had no choice. If Rossi had been aiming to take the corner, instead of pushing Márquez off the track, there would have been no contact"

Having raced Sepang myself, I can put myself in MM's shoes at that corner. At the point where VR sat him up, MM's body position was already leaning off the bike ready for the turn. MM was waiting for him to make the turn. At this point MM made the split second decision (it's impossible to know what the rider on your inside is going to do) that VR would soon turn and therefore he could stay on track and not touch the astroturf. When VR continued straight, MM was already committed to keeping himself on the track and the two collided. I don't agree with the view that MM intentionally headbutted VR's knee (why would you? It's as silly as kicking a 157kg MotoGP bike-and I also don't think VR kicked MM). Whether MM's head touched VR's knee or not, to me is irrelevant. Things happen all too quickly to analyse these fine details. They collided and MM went down. The fact remains that if VR had turned in a bit earlier, the crash would not have happened. I don't blame VR for doing what he did, with the goal to make MM run wide but he didn't execute it well enough to get away without a consequence.

We all know why VR made that move...

"Was Marc Márquez' riding fair? He has every right to fight for his position on the track, but it is deeply unsporting to get involved with a rival with other priorities, unless you can beat them simply. There is nothing in the rules about being sporting, though, just about not being dangerous"

If I were MM, I would have sat behind VR. MM's argument was that he sat behind VR for a lap and thought he could go faster and therefore repassed him. In any other race situation he could have got away with that, but in light of the Championship battle, MM should have settled in behind him. If MM wasn't fast enough to stay with VR, then the best man on the day would have finished infront of the other. If MM sat behind VR but was faster later in race and was being held up by him, then he had the right to pass him (as long as it was clean).

"Ultimately, though, it was Valentino Rossi who lost out most by losing his cool."

Unfortunately, this is true. It has cost VR a lot more than it has cost MM. But it isn't over yet! This is motorcycle racing and you just never know what happens next..

10. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo