Mladin explains how to go fast

Discussion in 'Riding Techniques' started by GrahamB, Feb 19, 2014.

1. GrahamB

GrahamB Decaying member

Like Antti says: it's all about the front :)

[video=youtube_share;KcdNflG1rTQ]http://youtu.be/KcdNflG1rTQ[/video]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yeldarb

Yeldarb Two wheels short...

He's old school ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. anttisexual

anttisexual Pastafarian biker :)

I like it :up:

Now if he could just say suspension set-up beyond using approximatley appropriate spring rates is largely a waste of time he would really be onto something :lol:

5. GrahamB

GrahamB Decaying member

Maybe not so stiff on the fork springs. Someone once slipped me a copy of Bayliss's bike set-up data for 2004... admittedly he's pretty runt like, and speeds are higher now, tyres stickier... but there's still no way I'd be doing sub 35's at PI... (or sub 45's in fact)

Baylisssbksetup.jpg

6. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Superpole a 1:30 flat lap, which is pretty darn quick for a road bike based machine :up:

7. GrahamB

GrahamB Decaying member

Interesting, just tripped over some times from the pre-season tests in 2007. Probably better conditions (less wind) but also the track surface wouldn't have been as good.
    Not to mention that the twins were only 1000cc. Best time by Bayliss, on the 999, 1'30.7".

8. anttisexual

IS it from another year?

Isn't that WSBK stuff? I mean, wasn't bayliss riding motogp in '04?

Actually 35 sounds somewhat slower than I would have expected...

#7 anttisexual, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  9. anttisexual

And the evo bikes doing '31. And aussie superbikes not much slower again. And road bikes... I wonder how fast a road bike could go with a set of slicks... and OK, a spring change :)

10. anttisexual

I watched some more of the mladin vids - he does seem somewhat hard to like, even if he does speak the truth and ride really fast :)

Wasn't he pretty tall as well - over 6"?

11. Davo

Davo Corner Whore

Mladin oozes arrogance in that vid!