Mcnews West Coast Dirt Adventure

Discussion in 'Motocross, Enduro and Supermoto' started by trev, Nov 10, 2006.

?

What dates and how many days?

Poll closed Dec 10, 2006.
  1. Two day ride - Jan 12-13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Two day ride - Jan 13-14

44.4%
  3. Two day ride - Jan 26-27

22.2%
  4. Two day ride - Jan 27-28

22.2%
  5. Three day ride - Jan 12-13-14

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Three day ride - Jan 26-27-28

11.1%
  1. trev

trev The Boss
    The Boss Administrator Super Mod

My thoughts for our ride are a two day with a course for both those with little dirt experience and those that want a tougher challenge and both groups will regroup at various points after the newbies have taken the easier route while the others take on some bigger challenges. Hire bikes are TT-R Yamahas and they also have a new 250cc four-stroke KTM, and 450cc four-stroke KTM. The cost for a two day including overnight hotel, all fuel and meals apart from your evening meal and a hire bike for two days will probably come in around $550, or $750 for the KTMs, or around $320 on your own bike but they pay for fuel etc. They have spare tubes and tool kit, medical kit etc. etc. all you have to do is ride and enjoy without having to think or worry about anything. If we can get a good gaggle together I would try to get the price down a bit for us but I reckon it is reasonable and includes lunches and accommadation. The best dirt rides I have ever done have always been on catered jobs like this, just no worries and no hassles and no wondering which way to go and all that shit, just ride the bike and have a hoot, and get pissed up on the overnight thing if you like :-> They transport your gear for the overnight stop and take care of that side of things also.

Possible dates are

Jan 26-27
    Jan 27-28
    Jan 12-13
    Jan 13-14

Or would you favour a three day....?

Jan 12-13-14
    Jan 16-27-28

Place your votes!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Miss Behave

Miss Behave Norick Abe Award
    Super Mod

Can I make multiple votes?

We'll go with the flow on these dates:

Sat/Sun 13-14 Jan
    Fri/Sat 26-27 Jan (only if the 26th is a public holiday)
    Sat/Sun 27-28 Jan

Wot would be the departure time and location?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. trev

trev The Boss
    The Boss Administrator Super Mod

Departure time would be around 9am in Boyanup probably. Also when many of you might be tempted to vote for three day, remember a three day dirt ride is great as it takes until the second day to get comfortable but then at the same time generally people are well fucked after two days and over it physically by day three.

5. Fenris

Fenris Orangutanasaurus

I reckon a three day ride would probably kill me as a newbie. 13th/14th looks good for me at the moment.

6. smythie

smythie Casey Stoner Award
    Super Mod

I don't mind when it is really. I voted 27-28 only because the Sunday (28th) is my birthday and I reckon it is a really good excuse to give myself a fun pressie. But yeah, let me know when it is going to be (and when you will need the money) and I will definitely be in.

7. Cal

Cal Hotshot
    Administrator Super Mod

January is out for me. Busiest time of the year at work.

8. cin

cin Dacia Sandero fan

It's also the time of year you're prone to that debilitating illness that sees you unfit to go to work for a week. :lol:

9. Fenris

Fenris Orangutanasaurus

He gets a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

10. cin

cin Dacia Sandero fan

Hahah, the deer hunter was on tellie last night too. :)

11. Miss Behave

Miss Behave Norick Abe Award
    Super Mod

Trev mentioned before, if your from the Eastern States and wanna come, I'm sure we can find enough rooms to put you up pre- and post- event.