Magellan Explorist 400 GPS

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by Cal, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Cal

Cal Hotshot
    Administrator Super Mod

I have a Magellan Explorist 400 GPS for sale. It has spent the 5 years of it's life mounted to the 'bars of a dirt bike, so that's what it looks like. It's by no means in as new condition.

The good bits:

It works.
    It has Discover Aus Streets and Tracks topographic maps card.
    The battery was new in Jan this year and lasts about 6-8 hours.
    It comes with a 'bar mount.
    It comes with some of the best riding loops in Victoria.
    It is a tracking GPS, you turn it on, it tracks where you ride, you save it. You load up loops and follow the arrow.
    Software is available for free from the Magellan site so you can check out and edit your loops on the pooter.

The bad bits:

The screen is a bit scratched up.
    The bar mount has a stripped thread and needs a cable tie.
    The bar mount is broken at the top and you have to tape the GPS to it.
    One of the data/charge cables only works for charging.
    The other data/charge cable works but the end is bent from when I hit a tree at last years Bogans ride.
    It doesn't stop your knee from hurting for days after you hit a tree.
    I paid nearly $1000 for the unit + maps card and i've got the feeling that it has depreciated more than a new Commodore.
    It's really slow to read from the SD card to load up tracks. I have a work around for this which will be explained to the lucky buyer.
    It's not colour.

Here's a pic of what you'll get when you, the lucky buyer, take delivery of this prized GPS + massive accessory bundle (laccy bands included).

[​IMG]

All shit aside, it has been one of the best purchases i've made for dirt bike riding coz i'm a navigational spastic.

There are some specs on it here http://www.gpsreview.net/magellan-explorist-400/

I'm asking $100, you pay the postage or we'll organise a ride where you collect it and I give you a quick run through on how to use it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urban

urban New Member

I'll take it if it's not already gone Cal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Cal

Cal Hotshot
    Administrator Super Mod

SOLD! To the fella with the red bike. I might be riding this Saturday Jeff, if you wanna catch up. I'll keep you informed.

5. urban

urban New Member

Woo Hoo, Now when I get lost I'll be able to check and see exactly how lost I am.

6. kimo

kimo Confused little pixie

coolness . so what is the new one? :)