Jonesy's Shed

Discussion in 'Workshop' started by jonescg, Sep 16, 2018.

1. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Lindz put it perfectly. All the best to you and your wife!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

Is that your electric race bike?
    upload_2021-1-29_19-45-40.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jonescg likes this.
  3. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

Sure is! Sans battery right now though. I have too many other expensive things to get out of the way first...

mikesbytes likes this.
  4. jonescg

Like this battery:
    It's the replacement pack for the Prelude I converted. The battery coolant leaked and ruined one of the 8 modules, but the resulting condensation compromised the rest of them. Expensive mistake I have to wear. Moral to the story, don't do jobs you can't afford to repeat if it all goes pear.

Attached Files:

5. jonescg

Oh, looks like I forgot to put an 'after' picture up for the front patio. Inverter and battery have been working great since September - haven't needed the grid for power the whole summer. The inverter has a 100 W load which at night it sources from the grid. If the battery has more than about 200 W of overnight load, the inverter is supplied by the battery, so we invariably draw something from the grid - maybe 1 kWh every 2 or 3 days.

Attached Files:

6. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

Are you also putting power into the grid?

7. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Glad to see some things have gone to plan, Chris, and that patio looks perfect for an afternoon beer. :cool:

8. jonescg

Yeah, on a sunny day we export about half of what's generated. The rest goes into running the house and charging the 18 kWh battery. We don't get paid for what we export, for some reason.

mikesbytes likes this.