Jonesy's Shed

Discussion in 'Workshop' started by jonescg, Sep 16, 2018.

1. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Jeebus, Chris, you don't fuck around, do you? That's one brilliant man-cave you've built there.

<====<<< Much jealous.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

Far cry from my first shed eh?

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

No comparison, mate, like chalk and cheese.

4. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

Living the dream mate

5. jonescg

I've been busy converting this 1988 Honda Prelude to electric drive, and it's been going well but still waiting on several parts to come in or get finished by external fabricators. In the meantime I pulled the fuel tank out and built a sub-frame for the battery pack which will sit in its place. It's going to have 6 modules back here (about 18 kWh) and 2 modules somewhere under the bonnet (6 kWh) for a total of 24 kWh. I had to cut the bum divots out of the rear seats to fit the battery, but they will be retained (albeit less comfortable).

The hoist has made this 10000% easier, of course.

Attached Files:

6. jonescg

The battery pack will consist of 8 modules of 44 volts each (nominally - they will charge to 50 V each, and are spent at 36 volts). These are 70 Ah, and are liquid cooled from the baseplate. Not a cheap way to build a battery, but it should last a long time (at least 7-10 years I hope).

Attached Files:

7. mikesbytes

What kind of batteries are they?

8. jonescg

Lithium cobalt oxide pouches, also known as lithium polymer - same kind used in model aeroplanes effectively.

9. jonescg

I finished a mobile bench so I can move things like battery packs around, and lower cars on top of them. My welding has come a long way, that's for sure.

Attached Files:

10. mikesbytes

The heat from the coffee might damage the bench, exchange it for a beer