It really hurts

Discussion in 'Workshop' started by faffi, Jan 27, 2018.

1. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

- to watch such shoddy work

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

I've seen quite a few examples that were done similar or the same in Sydney The forma and rocks at the end look Australian but I can't quite pick the city at the end of the video

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Davo

Davo Corner Whore

More skilled with the camera than the tools

PAPPACLART and faffi like this.
  5. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Which is why he probably should have refrained from documenting his lousy work ethics.

6. mikesbytes

But being a hipster isn't about being the best at what you do, its like all the trends prior, its about doing it differently for the sake of being different.

To quote Monty Pithon;
    Brian "You are all individuals"
    Audience response "We are all individuals"
    One person "No I'm not"

faffi likes this.
  7. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

I really take issue with the types that really buy into the culture of something. IMO it really shows how insecure people really are. They are all so desperate to fit in and look like something that they are not etc We all like to give Hipsters shit and I do too but I give them all shit. I mean, why do all Harley riders have to look like Harley riders? As in, the $75 cheap ass matte black plastic (dangerous) M2R helmet. The stupid scalf/mask wrapped around their face to look "hard" and the darn stupid bib, black everything and chain...ffs. Did I mention Tattoo's? Same with the GS riders, they all gotta look like adventure riders, as if they are about to embark on an epic round the world trip, yet they are actually off to Bunbury from Perth...and all of them buy that 2 piece BMW suite that is stupid expensive...because of course anything less just would not be acceptable in the peer group. One also couldn't possibly have a Café Racer without having a beard, checkered shirt and leather manbag.... The list goes on.

I predominantly ride sports bikes but I only look like a "sportbike" rider due to safety, nothing else. If I could ride with my speedo's I would!!

If I had a Harley my wardrobe would not change. I would wear my existing (Bell) Helmet and gear. The fashion biker thing is so much more predominant hear in Aus vs UK. Bikes where I am from are very much a passion and a tool and are ridden everyday. Sure we have our fair share of Hipsters but that's London. A bunch of Tattoo'd up Bikies rocking up in my local haunts, with their freshly pressed bibs at best would be laughed at and at worse would have acid chucked in their face and their bikes jacked off of them.

Don't get me started on musicians lol

PS

And the green leathers in my profile pic was not a deliberate fashion choice lol They are not my leathers, as my leathers are back home so I borrowed them...they just happened to match the kwak:)

8. Miss Behave

Miss Behave Norick Abe Award
    Super Mod

I ride a BMW, a Honda and an Aprilia. I'm still wearing my 38 year old Walden Miller (South Oz company) made to measure leather pants, a Triumph jacket (only because it was the ONLY jacket off the shelf with long-ish sleeves, TCX dual-purpose boots and Dainese gloves (only coz they have long fingers and thumbs. .... What would you classify me as?

9. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Still slim after all these years ;)

10. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

I learned that the video was made by "Mighty Car Mods" from Oz, and that these kind of lousy jobs have made them very rich. Go figure.

11. mikesbytes

Your at risk of being classified as a hipster :)

BTW congrats on avoiding piling on the kilos. Well done! Perhaps the rest of us could learn from you :)