I really miss Riding in Europe!

Discussion in 'Rides' started by PAPPACLART, Dec 10, 2017.

1. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

Before coming to Australia, I lived in Italy for around 2 years. I was located in the North in a small town called Cologno Al Serio. About 40km from Milan.

About 30km North of the town I lived in was start of the alps. Lake Garda, Como and Lecco is all there. The roads are just brilliant and without cameras and brainwashed locals who think speeding is worse than killing newborns.

The pictures below are in a place called Piani Di Erna. Which is one of the many roads that head off into the hills/mountains. Every road that heads up a mountain is pretty much like this. You could ride every day and find awesome roads like this and never run out.

The route just goes on an on, up and up. It is mostly blind bends, so you have to sound your horn. It is almost completely devoid of traffic so you can risk and fly through a blind corner but not worth it. The R1 is not the best up there, pretty bumpy and lots of lose stones. It's a point and squirt affair. I would love to take a Motard up there, now that would be great fun!! I hope to get back to Europe in the NY, ride from Italy upto Belgium then back in to Sweden and Norway then on the the UK.

Macca's with the best view
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Get it wrong, and it is a long way down
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My TL1000S
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    faffi likes this.
  3. Cal

Cal Hotshot
    Administrator Super Mod

Great looking roads and scenery. I love Italy, beautiful place.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    faffi likes this.