I have lost it

Discussion in 'Riding Techniques' started by faffi, Apr 4, 2013.

1. darren

darren :)
    Super Mod

Am sure I have the same condition Faff!! Ask Lindz, haha. Maybe i just need to get back into practice, am amazed at how much more cautious I am now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Continue like that, Darren, and you may end up as slow as I once were fast :lol:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. darren

Super Mod

:lol:

For me, well at the moment, pushing hard equals stress. Not so long ago, pushing hard equalled release. Not sure why this has happened, is it cos I have a Grandson? I am now closer to my daughter and son than ever? My own place that I have bought? An awesome career? Great relationships with my ageing, finite parents? I dont know.

It's hard when one has done the day-long fast stuff, epic insane rides with Franjo and then PJ, followed by some good stuff with Lindz. Then again, a part of me thinks, you've done that and got away with it, be proud and content, nothing to really prove, pointless to take the big risks now bla bla.

....until the reeethym returns.......every now and then.... :snakeman:

4. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Fucken girly wooses, yer thinkin' about it too much and getting the willies. Just look where you want to go and stop worrying, the bike and modern tyres will do the rest. :rolleyes:

5. darren

Super Mod

Haha!! Fair enuff. Just dont come a gutser in front of me and fuck my day up Fangio, Mr PissingblooddoubleoverwhenIcoughorsneeze. :rolleyes:

6. Kenworth

Kenworth New Member

Get over yourself Faffi , 50 is the new 30 , havent you heard ! :smile:

I keep getting told seeing im the big 50 in 2 months time, couldnt give a toss really .

Sounds to me like your not having fun anymore , ie being relaxed . Just because your bikes are over 30 years old, doesnt mean your tyres are , so Id just chill and try to enjoy yourself 1st and foremost above all.

Overthinking is a easy way to lose the plot . Just go with the flow at the time. It doesnt matter what anyone thinks or says . You dont have to scrape you pegs around corners in normal road riding , anyone that says they do daily , is either full of shit or asking to end up on their face real quick.

Age is no barrier to enjoying life . We have drivers at work pushing 70 , that are the best of the best ! When I get a job , that is technical and requires multiple trucks and a high degree of difficulty to the unwary , I always take the oldies with me , because it gets done faster with no damage , inch perfect 1st time, everytime .

Guess im lucky that I work in a enviroment that age and experience is no barrier , in fact its a bonus .

If I got to the point you are talking about being scared of falling off , Id just quit while im ahead and move on to something else , to enjoy myself. If its no longer enjoyable why do it ? :confused:

7. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

geffugged. Come a gutser in front of you? I'd run out of petrol before I could get round that behemoth of yours, yukkarn. :p

8. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Kenworth, I enjoy riding, but at a slower pace. My point is that if I try to approach previous cornering speeds, something keeps me back. So I don't force it, instead I just potter around at a pace that feels comfy for me.

9. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

That's brilliantly put :up: I feel the exact same way; pushing doesn't bring satisfaction any more, cruising does. The Kwak seems to provide what I need in the respect.

10. darren

Super Mod

Hahaa!! Oh I like that...

Das Toecutter Die Behemoth.....though I may burn in hell for mixing Cherman with Hebrew .