How carbs actually work

Discussion in 'Workshop' started by faffi, Jul 4, 2021.

1. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

This was very interesting to watch and learn from

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Thanks, Eirik, the see-through was interesting. Just a pity most things these days come with fuel injection. This is why I'll be hanging on to my 950SM for a while yet, it has carbies. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    faffi likes this.
  4. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Carbs rule :D My cousin replaced his 2018 1290 Adventure R with a 2021 1290 Adventure R, but when we hit the gnarly twisties he did not stand a chance of keeping up with my awesome XVS650 :p

That KTM has motor, though! Whereas my mate's BMW K1300S gives no sensation of acceleration - it's just the world coming at you faster and faster - the 1290 really shoves you forward with force once you have more than 5k on the counter :eek:

5. Desmondgem

Desmondgem Member

I remember reading earlier about how to get the chrome shiny but I forgot the content of that thread and where it was located.

So, how do I get the engine casing and chrome shiny? Do I really have to grind?

Thanks

6. Desmondgem

Desmondgem Member