Half-year 2015 motorcycle sales figures

Discussion in 'New Models' started by trev, Jul 7, 2015.

1. trev

trev The Boss
    The Boss Administrator Super Mod

Half-year 2015 motorcycle sales figures

(ATV and Road up - Dirt down - Scooters in free fall)

As I predicted last year, Harley-Davidson's new Street 500 catapulted H-D in front of Honda in regards to road bike sales. Thus Harley-Davidson is now by far the biggest selling roadbike brand in Australia....I saw it coming, but nonetheless, it is still amazing....

http://www.mcnews.com.au/half-year-2015-motorcycle-sales-figures/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kimo

kimo Confused little pixie

I thought it was interesting that yamaha is still selling around 200 2-stroke YZ250's (right up there with the 4 stroke mx numbers from some manufacturers) and it really hasn't changed since it got the aluminum frame in 2005?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. anttisexual

anttisexual Pastafarian biker :)

Maybe Honda should revive CR500RE or whatever the road complianced jobbie was. Reckon they'd sell a few of those :)

5. Felix

Felix Idiot, pure and simple

The best scooter I've seen isn't sold down there...Honda Zoomer. Google image it.

Scooters probably will rise again with higher fuel prices.

6. Bimbo

Bimbo New Member

Interesting to see almost all of the top sellers are LAM bikes.

I wonder how many are to learners and how many to full licences riders wanting smaller/cheaper/bikes more fun at our stupidly low speed limits etc etc.

I don't see all that many learners on bikes in the 20+ hours a week I spend stuck in traffic all over melbourne. Don't see many learners out in the country on the weekends either.

7. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

Scooters are a bit of a fashion item, could be affected by trends

Are their sales more seasonable? Sell well in late spring, early summer?

#6 mikesbytes, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  8. trev

trev The Boss
    The Boss Administrator Super Mod

Scooter sales have been going down markedly on year long figures for a couple of years now.

9. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

I would have thought that scooter sales would remain strong, but overall new toy sales are low.