Please Read Forum update/revamp coming soon

Discussion in 'Website Suggestions' started by PAPPACLART, Mar 12, 2021.

1. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

Hey gents.

To those of you that are still keeping this forum alive and kicking thanks a million, it is much appreciated.

I have been very busy with MCNews and working on some other projects so have very little time.

I have not forgotten about the forum.

We are on an older version of Xenforo and I will bring the forum to the latest version, which will be completely new as is a total new build. It will be much nicer to use and we will have less of these annoying spammy crap.

I will also get rid of many of these annoying ads you see.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Stuart Hablethwaite

Stuart Hablethwaite New Member

G'day all,
    Well I have to admit it has been quite a few years since I have sat down a read a bike magazine. So as I was searching the web for some information for a friend about tires and MCNEWS popped up. After obtaining the information from the MCNEWS article I just kept reading. I reckon I would have to be among the group who has been reading Trev the Bear's reports since not long after he became a regular writer. Still informative and an interesting read (eg Wayne Rainey 10 years after the accident) and having met Wayne, it was like I was there. So I subscribed and will happily recommend from Facebook etc a great read, well done folks you got my vote. Cheers Stu H #63

PAPPACLART, mikesbytes and faffi like this.
  4. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

This forum is the longest running internet community I've had any involvement with. Met many a goose along the way as well :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

I'm still here but my chickens think I'm a rooster :)

Jokes aside the forum needs more contributors

6. Stuart Hablethwaite

Stuart Hablethwaite New Member

Yes there are many variations of motorcyclists which I feel can be a good thing in most cases and sadly a few that are future nominees for the Darwin Awards. I have made some very unwise decisions in my time on bikes mainly in my youth, and I like to think I have helped others when involved in decision making and influencing road & racing rules and the interpretation of rules. I was on the Australian National Staysafe Committee 2004, and have been a riders representative to the NSW road race committee, been on the committee and chairman of that committee. As a Kawasaki dealer I actually refused to sell certain models to customers that I believed did not have the fundamental skills for the model they wanted to step up too. Most cases the rider listened, learnt and survived and were grateful, I can only remember 1 that disagreed and took his business elsewhere. I would rather loose a customer than have a parent or partner come to me and ask why I sold their child/partner such a bike which had now caused death or paralysis. One of the single best things that has happened to the motorcycle community was the change that allowed a licenced rider to do ride days (and coaching etc). Previously the only way onto to a track was in a race. Yes, you will always learn more roadcraft and riding skills racing, but it comes at greater cost. I try to encourage experienced rider/racers to take part in helping newer riders at track days or group rides such as Kawasaki Team Green ride events as well as other brands/clubs etc.

PAPPACLART and faffi like this.
  7. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

I too have made some very unwise decisions in my time on bikes and will most likely continue to do so. Been riding since I was 15 and in 5 months I'll be 70. Motorcycling is not about safety because if it was, you wouldn't do it.

Oh, and welcome aboard.

PAPPACLART and faffi like this.
  8. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

I thought you were much younger, Lindz!

PAPPACLART likes this.
  9. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

You're only as old as the woman you're holding, mate. :D

PAPPACLART and mikesbytes like this.