For Sale: K5 GSXR1000 track bike in Perth

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by jonescg, Jul 29, 2012.

1. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

I'm selling the big Gixxer.

I originally bought it thinking I would convert it to electric, but it will require too much compromise. I need a custom frame and a ground up build. So this ICE was spared!

I have done one race day at Wanneroo since I bought it and it is about 10 times more capable than this rider :) Previous owner dyno tuned it for >160 hp. Has a pair of Dunlop Q2s on it and despite my best efforts they are still in good shape.

This bike is ready to race - crash knobs, sharks fin and case sliders are installed already. Asking $7000 happy to negotiate. Will send interstate at buyer's expense. Inspections most welcome, test rides are strongly discouraged ;)

PM or email me at christophergrahamjones at google's email website.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 jonescg, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  3. jonescg

I try to edit posts and it just kind of stalls... anyway, I have decided to shave $500 off the asking price. Need funds sooner :)

Price is now $6500 negotiable!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jonescg

OK, lowered the price to $6000 firm.

Need cash now...

5. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

Good luck Chris. Looks like a nice bike.

6. jonescg

FUCK!

This bike has been stolen!

Some clown took if toe a "quick ride around the block" and never fucking returned! He left a shitty white Mazda van (which is not a vehicle of interest according to police) but the bike went missing at about 7.40 pm tonight (Sunday).

AAARRRGGGHH!!! I feel like suck a dickhead :( If any West Australians spot this bike in circulation, please report it.

:(

7. Miss Behave

Miss Behave Norick Abe Award
    Super Mod

fuckin' lowlife :(

Was it still in raceglass (as in no lights, etc)? 7.40pm was dark. Hope someone reports a bike riding around without lights on.

You got its VIN/Chassic No?

So sorry to hear of your loss, Chris. I hope you recover it.

8. jonescg

I got VIN, Engine number, pictures... even got his van in the driveway!

If he was trying to steal it, he's done a pretty dumb job of it... At first I though the'd fallen off, but then I checked the van to see what's going on... Nothing. It's been emptied of everything.

9. jonescg

But yeah, he would have an accomplice I would imagine.

10. Miss Behave

Miss Behave Norick Abe Award
    Super Mod

Oh Chris :(

Perhaps post up on a few other Perth forums?

11. jonescg

Well the bike has been listed as stolen and the cops took a statement. I'm pretty sure they'll have the guy in for questioning pretty soon since he's left a papertrail a mile long. But my hopes for the bike still being in one piece aren't high.