Racing Folger out for 2018 MotoGP Season

Discussion in 'Motorcycle News' started by PAPPACLART, Jan 18, 2018.

1. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

The bikes are more even in performance, too, compared to when Spies was riding. The stars still shine, but with all the electronics it's easier for the slightly less talented to score decent points. Throw in a few variables and the results are even harder to come by.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    PAPPACLART likes this.
  2. afficionado

afficionado Member

Same number of races Faffster- 18. Zarco- 1 DNF.
    Spies 2010- 3 'DNF's, 2011- 5(1 being a DNS another cancelled race).
    Spies had all the 'aliens' and some to contend with, for Zarco we add Marquez!
    Neither I would label pussies, just that Spies had a lot more hurdles, most of which were not of his own doing....
    Really tough gig for Spies, felt for him.....and he isn't a small jockey either.

3. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Yonny Hernandez :eek: If we ever needed proof that Herve was really taken by surprise by Folger's decision, this is it. Would surprise me if he gets the seat, though, as his performance seemed less than stellar over the test in Sepang.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

It will be interesting to see what Herve does

5. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

Zarco has been running a variety of parts and it sounds like he finished off with the 2018 aero, 2017 motor and 2016 chassis but more info needed to verify that.

What Yonny was running is unknown, so while quite a bit down on Zarco, its quite difficult to gauge where he is at this point.

There's a bit of contradiction in the statements related to Yonny;
    1. Herve: I will not break a contract, the rider needs to be not under contract. Which also complies with his board role.
    2. Herve: Yonny has no contract
    3. Petturcci: Yonny is free to go if he wants and if he does I've got someone lined up
    4. Yonny: I'm just testing, I've got a [WSBK Petturcci] contract

6. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Seems coherent to me o_O

1) Herve will not break a contract (as Folger did)
    2) Since Yonny has no contract, there is nothing to break
    3) Petrucci has a contract with Yonny, but is willing to let the latter go for MotoGP without fuss
    4) Confirms the above