Dust Hustle - Brisbane 20/9/14

Discussion in 'Rides' started by Tommo, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Tommo

Tommo New Member

Anyone other SEQlders or NNSWelshmen going to this event?
    http://www.ellaspede.com/dusthustle/
    It looks like a good day out...
    I've talked my brother into hacking his slightly too bent ex-track bike (a K4 GSXR600) into a rat-rod flat tracker to enter into the Risky Roadbikes category. Should be good for a laugh. I'm thinking of getting a postie or similar to turn a few laps.
    [​IMG]

3. jonescg

jonescg my real name is Chris.

That will be AWESOME! Reminds me of this image:
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. junkmale

junkmale Flagging member

I think that's the weekend before the Oz Hysteric champs at Lakeside, which I'm planning to be at.

I dunno if I could deal with hanging around Brisneyland for a week in between though....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tommo

Tommo New Member

Hard to think of anything less appropriate than voltron for some flat trakkin... Bring it!

I'm off to look at a slightly shagged old thumper that may or may not form the base for flat tracker resto project after i give it a run in the event.
    I'll keep a record or Dan's progress on the gixxer. He has grand plans, much spare time, and decent skills on the TIG...

6. Dunger King

Dunger King Apprentice Strom-Trooper

Spending that weekend riding a CB250 to Nymboida from Orange to raise money for Down Syndrome NSW in the scrapheap adventure, hope you guys have as much fun as I will.

http://everydayhero.com.au/event/scrapheap

7. Tommo

Tommo New Member

Sounds like a great event!

8. Dunger King

I needed something worthwhile to do and have friends who deal with DS on the front line as it were, so when the opportunity arose to get involved with a bunch of guys who think like I do I got into it. This years bike is a 1992 CB250 in very good nick, I have been gifted a 1978 model for next year that I hope to turn into an 400cc SL style road trail with some bits of IT465 and XR 600 that are lying around in my shed.

I reckon you guys are on the same wavelength machinery wise with the Dust Hustle

9. Tommo

Tommo New Member

Well Dan's attempt to enter his gixxer600 in the event got squashed by Motorcycle Queensland. Not fit for purpose or some shit... I don't think they read the flyers for the event... Real shame too, Dan had bought an English wheel and was about 2/3 of the way through fabricating a flat track style tank and tailpiece for the bike out of aluminium sheet. I hope he finishes it anyway, because it will look awesome. Here is the mock up.
    download_20140911_174201.jpg

#8 Tommo, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  10. Tommo

Tommo New Member

The Ellaspede boys just announced the date for this year's Dust Hustle - 5th September :D
    should be another good day out

http://www.ellaspede.com/dusthustle/

[video=vimeo;114209304]https://vimeo.com/114209304[/video]

i'll be on the xt550
    IMG_20141015_154356.jpg

#9 Tommo, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  11. Dunger King

2fiddybushy.jpg hoping to have this ready and praying for time off to attend