Bought a new used bike today

Discussion in 'Old Dungers' started by faffi, Oct 29, 2020.

1. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Oh, I'm sorry, did I mention I loathe top boxes? :mad: They are 'orrible looking things, inventions of the devil.

Yeah, I've got mates over here who use them, and we unload mercilessly on them too, so don't feel too bad, faff. ;)

The bike itself looks pretty tidy, now, good work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

I was not offended in the slightest - I totally agree with you. I dislike fairings as well. But both are practical. Having somewhere safe to put extra pairs of gloves, some food and drink, some tools, a tire repair kit etc. is worth the ugliness for me. Especially since I cannot see it while riding :cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Stuart Hablethwaite likes this.
  3. Stuart Hablethwaite

Stuart Hablethwaite New Member

I currently 7 bikes so I have a choice, but my all rounder (not just because now I am an old fart) is my Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS, and it has the panniers but they come in handy when the weather turns or I stop of and get some groceries on the way home. I took it to a Kawasaki Ride day at Wakefield a few years ago.There I was given a ride on the new Gen5 ZX10R before the model was released for sale. After my ride around with Muz on the H2 I returned to my garage. Then taking of the panniers, I road around in the medium group. There were more than a few "track day bikes", now I'm in my 60's - on the old tourer beast, I lapped all but one rider in a single session. So it's what you do with the bike that matters, if you like it then its a perfect bike. You seemed to have picked a sensible progression in size & power. Enjoyt 2015 Stu 2015 Team Green Ride Day 2016 Ninja Z1000SX Rego 10-GRN.jpg

mikesbytes and faffi like this.
  4. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Ability count for more than the equipment - you sounds like you have plenty of ability!

Stuart Hablethwaite likes this.