Bike to bike communication

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by faffi, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Backmarker

Backmarker Piston broke

It is a good question, they are forbidden from memory. They changed the rules to allow "ship to shore" communucations as the called 'em for ther MotoGP guys back in about 2006, but then dropped the rume before the season opener. I never understood why not ..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Think you're going a bit over the top there, faffi, with police-grade comms equipment. As you said you're rarely more than 50m apart, what's wrong with two steel cans and a length of string?

It's light, cheap, effective when used correctly, and recyclable. Best of all, it's really old skool technology, which should be right up your alley.

:err:

4. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

I hear you, brother :up:

Anybody ever listened to the vlogs posted on yewtub? Haven't listened to many, but some have superb sound even at higher speeds. That's what I want. Plus a loudspeaker that can be buried in the padding and still give plenty of sound. Actually, I'd like it to work with foam ear plugs in place. My son should not have to concentrate to hear what I say, it should be as were we sat together in a car.

5. Cal

Cal Hotshot
    Administrator Super Mod

The Sena units have good volume even with ear plugs.

They sound better than the Scala, are easier to use and are cheaper by about $100AU for a pair - can't go wrong.

6. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

I'll check them out, thanks :)

7. Backmarker

Backmarker Piston broke

When I flew witht he old man in his ultralight, he used to have open face helmets with intercoms. I remember being very impressed at the sound quality, given the mic was out there in the wind, we were doing about 100 clicks and there was an unsilenced 2 stroke triple and propeller screaming away only a meter behind us :up:

(Yep, the old man also liked his 2 strokes :) )

8. strika

strika Track Junkie

I had a really good one years ago. So good in fact, I could make a mobile call at up to 200kph without the person on the other end of the phone knowing I was on the bike. I used it when I was running up and down the east coast of Oz working. Battery life was good too, as I used to hook it to the navigation and run that when out places I didn't know that well. Saved me doing lots of U-turns......... I'm sure I posted up a review of it. If you can be bothered searching Faffi, it was in about 06/07 from memory, when I had the bee em trouble u.

9. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

10. strika

strika Track Junkie

Ahh..memory came back.... it was an "Interphone" ............ I think!!