Are you the soft or hard type?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by faffi, Apr 24, 2020.

1. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

From about 1 minute until 2:30 is of prime interest if the time stamp does not follow. I know personally, one end of the spectrum is bliss, the other is ruining.

Another that explains how to test the construction of a tire

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Interadasting. Travelling at the speeds most riders do, I doubt there'd be too many who would know whether they had a soft carcase or a hard one. The sort of feel he's talking about you won't notice until you really start to push things.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Oh, you definitely feel it! At least I can. A hard carcass tire will be like the infant suffering from colic - constant stream of information that demand attention. It is almost like riding on wood wheels instead of rubber. A soft carcass tire will hardly let you know what the tyres are rolling over, giving a very compliant ride over those minor imperfections found on anything but glass, absorbing the small stuff that isn't enough to excite the suspension.

5. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

I knew you knew that but you're not one of the "too many" I was referring to. They might notice the difference in ride quality but if they're on reasonably well-surfaced roads, which riders of that calibre tend to stick to, they probably won't.

:D