Ahhh the serenity

Discussion in 'Rides' started by PiJiL, Feb 8, 2015.

1. PiJiL

PiJiL Steve Macqueen Award

I have spent hundreds of hours building my Strom, even though when I bought it 99% of the cosmetics were done.

The bike was weighed in at 155 kilograms wet and since I have had it I have changed everything except the rear tail section.

The more that I modified the more I wanted to modify more, so at the start of December I decided to change nothing else and just ride to get the joy of what I had created.

I have been on a few shakedown rides and you very quickly find out what you have done wrong. So over the last 6000ks or so I've just been tuning and getting back into the rhythm of knowing the bike.

Today I had a leave pass so I thought I do one of my favourite loops that involves lotsa twisties and a fair section of dirt.

The morning started early as I wanted to avoid Poepoe and the other idiots riding so winding at a fair clip along the Gembrook launching place road I came around a corner with the rising sun in my eyes and discovered this

[​IMG]

After waiting 35 minutes for the SES continued my little sojourn

Isn't she sexy?

[​IMG]

So I continued on to Warburton and had a lot of fun across the spur with 20 also Renault McGann's

Obligatory photo at the turn off.

[​IMG]

Headed to Woods Point

[​IMG]

Eildon Jamison road

[​IMG]

Met Trev and Ray for lunch in Alexandra.....

Great day

Obligatory post clean tyre pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dunger King

Dunger King Apprentice Strom-Trooper

wonderful job Pete, when are you going to sell kits

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PiJiL

That mate, not everyone's cuppa tea lol

5. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

I'm flattered you built a six-fiddy version of my SM, mate; woulda looked good in orange, too.

:err:

Reckon that would one handy little weapon in the twisties, with limited risk of licence loss on the open stuff, and gangs of fun on the gravel. :up:

6. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Low weight is good, bike should be functionally splendid.

7. PiJiL

Lol, I prolly coulda bought a 950 with the time I spent

Forgot the map

[​IMG]

8. smythie

smythie Casey Stoner Award
    Super Mod

Good stuff PiJ

9. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

Good to see you out and about with the toy :)