Accomodation Philip Island MotoGP

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by remedy, May 30, 2011.

1. remedy

remedy Active Member

This post has been edited with the updated plans:

A house has been booked in the Cape Woolamai area of Philip Island for the nights between 13/10 and 17/10 (4 nights). Linen and towels are included, there is a washing machine if you need to clean clothes for those who have come along way and importantly a wood fire to warm up after being at the track all day :).

The following people are confirmed as staying here:
    • Myself
    • Fenris
    • yeldarb
    • byknblood
    There are 7 individual beds in this house, four of which are doubles so we can accomodate a few more people without too much trouble. If you are in need of accomodation please PM me and I'll fill you in on the details.

The total cost for this house is $1450. To keep things easy the costs are being split evenly, regardless of how many nights you actually stay. Depending on final numbers the cost should be under $300pp. I have payed the deposit and will wait until end of July to request full payment from those who are staying. If we get any late commers after that I will issue some refunds :D.

There are a few other mcnewsers staying in this area so we should have a good time :mates:.

These people have expressed interest:
    • kneedragon's
    • morpheus
    Update: Now accepting people who don't want to stay for the full 4 nights. $90 per night. Still 3 beds available.

#1 remedy, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  3. PiJiL

PiJiL Steve Macqueen Award

$5000 for the weekend seems a little steep?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kneedragon

kneedragon Re-Member ... ?

I'm hoping to be in a position to pull my weight by the end of June. If I'm really lucky it will be in time to get to the mid-winter Oxley run, but more realistically, late June ~ early July.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Colette

Colette Once you go black...

I think Simon means $1,000 shared between five people, PiJ. ;)

6. Yeldarb

Yeldarb Two wheels short...

Well...I was thinking camp ground but I'm not kitted up for that so I reckon a warm bed in house somewhere near could be the go, so count me in.

This also assumes Col is correct :lol:

7. remedy

remedy Active Member

Yes. Col is correct and pete is a tool.

There isn't a heap of places available so we can't wait to long. If we can get 5 people together ill bok something and try and get a place that accommodates 8+. Then if there are late comers they can still join in and it will lower the costs.

8. Fenris

Fenris Orangutanasaurus

I'm in, but you already knew that :)

9. morpheus

morpheus New Member

I'll talk to my usual cohorts and see what is afoot, if nothing ten I'd like to come along too Simon.

But this homo stuff about "like minded people", well that disturbs me a touch :p

10. strika

strika Track Junkie

For anyone who fails to find accommodation at the Island, my house is 2 minutes from the Monash freeway and only 1.5 hours door to door to the Island. ie. inside the circuit, not just on the Island.

I will have one or two spare rooms if anyone needs it. Best thing about that, is it's free!!!! :)

11. remedy

remedy Active Member

Sorry, didn't realise that kinda talk was reserved exclusively for room 10 at bright.

If there are only a few people in your 'usual cohorts' then perhaps we can link up to save costs - or are you embarrassedby us?