A longer trip...

Discussion in 'Rides' started by anttisexual, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Gypsy

Gypsy Past fast rider

The Flinders Ranges is nice this time of year.

2. trev

trev The Boss
    The Boss Administrator Super Mod

Oodnadatta track would be comfortable on a Fireblade let alone a GS...... Lots of great little sojourns into the Flinders though into various springs and campgrounds though.... But you would ride Oodnadatta on your Road bicycle as it is not rough enough to get the mountain bike out for :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rossco

rossco New Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Bimbo

Bimbo New Member

Throw away the thermarest and to straight to the Downmat 9. It's like sleeping on a cloud.....just don't look at the price..... :)

#24 Bimbo, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  5. anttisexual

anttisexual Pastafarian biker :)

Pretty much set to go on Sat. Added a slightly bigger screen as per the pic since the orig would catch a bit of gentle buffeting on the top of my helmet - not a huge deal, but thought I'd try a taller one. Also added rad guards, but other than that all pretty much set I think. I think these things are called farkles. Quite a bit stuff fit in the extended panniers, and then just the swag strapped to the top of the seat/rack.

Officially I put in for 3 weeks leave, but that is a pretty flexible - will call the boss to discuss in a week or so to see how I'm going. Now I just need to make a call on where to head. riding in the direction of broken hill then using the force from then seems about as reasonable a plan as any :)

Attached Files:

6. JNO

JNO New Member

Surely you'll just head for good roads and sunshine? Personally, I would also be plotting a circular route - I hate going back over the same roads.

Don't forget we need pics and long, long posts that nobody will read.

7. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Enjoy, Antti :)

8. Dunger King

Dunger King Apprentice Strom-Trooper

on yer bike bloke, have fun and stay safe

9. afficionado

afficionado Member

Plus one.....37 years, great thing. I am seldom without it. Can sleep on sticks, snow, great for when the motel bed is pox too.

10. mikedufty

mikedufty New Member

Wow, I didn't realise they were even invented that long ago. Maybe just took them a while to reach Australia. I thought I was doing well with my 27 year old one. Still works great, but the original plastic packaging is on its last legs.