ASBK 2018

Discussion in 'Oz Racing' started by mikesbytes, Feb 3, 2018.

1. mikesbytes

mikesbytes ~(:-))-[Oo

I see at the test there were 20 riders present. I'm gathering that the issues we had with 2 competing series is in the past???

http://www.mcnews.com.au/troy-herfoss-tops-asbk-morning-test-session-p/

I've also noticed that Baylsis's Ducati has more than 1200cc. Is ASBK running a bigger capacity limit for twins than WSBK?

And I'm also interested in budgets, Bayliss said that he destroyed a bike, would I be right in saying that most of the grid couldn't afford to do that?

http://www.mcnews.com.au/troy-bayliss-2018-asbk-with-desmosport-ducati/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    mikesbytes likes this.
  4. trev

trev The Boss
    The Boss Administrator Super Mod

They had two bikes at the test. One that had been put back together from the crash, which had done a lot of damage, fucked forks and the swingarm and lots of shit, was a big impact. A lot is being played down about what they have etc. Also, those engines are special and came direct from Italy, no matter what they say...

5. trev

trev The Boss

The test times are in, and after my extensive session by session reports from the test, Bracksy has now penned a bit of an overview from the test that pretty much ends up being an ASBK 2018 Form Guide.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/2018-asbk-preview-1/

faffi likes this.
  6. faffi

faffi A.S.A.N.

Only name I'm familiar with is that of Bayliss. Do you think he stands a realistic chance of taking the title?

7. trev

trev The Boss

Will be tough at 48 years old but he will give it a fair shake and be on the podium a bit, and do better at some places than others, hard to say at this point, I would not bet on him taking the title, but I would also not bet too much on him not, but at this stage I think it unlikely.

faffi likes this.
  8. mikesbytes

Plus I'm guessing he's already burnt the repair budget

9. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

Well, should be a good year, possibly the most competitive ever?
    I can't think of a year with more riders than now with a genuine chance of winning races?

There are still two series running, but the FX series has become very much a place for privateers and club racers who want some TV time.
    There are no factory teams there at all now, hence the big numbers in ASBK.

Bayliss will be quick, I reckon he will win a race or two, but no way will he have the consistency to win the title. Guys like Maxwell and Allerton and Waters are absolute genuine world class riders, on fantastic bikes, and much closer to their prime.
    I am a huge Bayliss fan but beating those guys will require something out of this world.

I just hope ASBK can try to remember what it is and not get too far ahead of itself, and not get too far up it's own arse.

mikesbytes and faffi like this.
  10. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

11. mikesbytes

I've watched some of the races on youtube Balysis is doing great.

Prior to the season start he wrote off a bike in testing. Understanding he is on a budget, has that left him with one bike?