Motorcycle News 2017 Australian Motorcycle Sales figures

Discussion in 'Motorcycle News' started by PAPPACLART, Jan 5, 2018.

1. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PAPPACLART

PAPPACLART MCNews.com.au
    Administrator

Aussie sales represent a global trend. The decline has many variables but one of them is the failure of the youth of today showing an interest in motorcycles.

Even looking at the stats of MCNews and other MC sites I look after 18-24s are poorly represented, only making up between 6-8% of the audience.

The industry as a whole really needs to focus on appealing to that age segment and also women who represent 7-11%.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lindsaymac

lindsaymac Can't reMember
    Super Mod

Too many recreational alternatives available, to today's youth, would be a big factor, with parents/friends/relatives actively discouraging any thought of such a dangerous pastime, not helping. Then it's a case of a whole lot more hoops to jump through when you go for your motorcycle licence. A car licence is almost guaranteed, by comparison, just make it through the driving test without running a red light, or crashing.

They're still out there, the ones who just want to ride, just don't seem to be as many as we need.

There is a silver lining to this cloud, though, in the next couple of years there'll be heaps of uber-cool bikes for sale, but there'll be fewer buyers.

PAPPACLART likes this.
  5. Miss Behave

Miss Behave Norick Abe Award
    Super Mod

I'm now hanging onto my bikes for longer. In the past we'd move them on for the latest and greatest, or something different, on an all too regular basis.

Besides, despite the HUGE number of different styles of bikes on offer by every single manufacturer, there really isn't anything out there that grabs me. Perhaps there's just too much on offer that we're spoilt for choice? *shrugs*