2015 Supers with Reefton?

Discussion in 'Rides' started by RUSS M8, Feb 13, 2015.

1. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

I will be riding the wee strom to supers next week.
    Planning on doing my own little Bright ride loop to get home, can someone please remind me how to get from Packenham to Alex. without using the black spur?
    I followed you hoons up the reefton once, and have completely forgotten which roads we used.
    Cheers

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. anttisexual

anttisexual Pastafarian biker :)

I guess the most preferred route from pakenham is to go via gembrook to launching place. From the there turn right and go via warburton and reefton up the spur itself. From top of reefton spur (cumberland junction) head left back to marysville, right to buxton and then onto alex. You may want to head right from taggerty before alex to eildon and take in eildon-jamo road to make anti-clockwise side of eildon reservoir to mansfield. Would be my bitumen route anyway. If you want some easy dirt you can head from cumberland junction right direct to eildon-jamo rd. Or even woods pt to kevington to mansfield. Basically even road-bikeable dirt, but ideal for dual sporting it:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 anttisexual, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  4. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

Thanks Antti :) Will google map it at the weekend :)

5. PiJiL

PiJiL Steve Macqueen Award

I will ride it with you :)

6. PVDA

PVDA Member

Not forgetting Mansfield to Whitfield as well.

7. PiJiL

PiJiL Steve Macqueen Award

Are you up for some dirt roads Russ?

8. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

will prolly stick to tar with pillion and luggage. would never forget whitfield - mansfield!

9. smythie

smythie Casey Stoner Award
    Super Mod

10. RUSS M8

RUSS M8 Riding slowly on

happy to meet up Pij. I'll be in a cafe having breaky main st of Pack at 9 ish or 930 monday morning. However, loaded up with luggage, on a stock 650, you may end up with lots of time to take photos and wait for me. Planning to slab it from Whitfield to Albury for the night.

11. trev

trev The Boss
    The Boss Administrator Super Mod

Whitfield-Mansfield-Kevington-Woods Point-Reefton Spur-Warburton then through to Pakenham etc.

There is dirt between Kevington to the other side of Woods Point but is well graded easy two wheel drive car main road dirt and not a track or the like. Definitely worth doing if you want to avoid Black Spur, presumably because of cops? If you really, really are too soft to do that easy bit of dirt then from Mansfield to Eildon-Jamieson Rd, then turn left at Thornton (so you can cut out Alexandra etc. too and save some time), then left at Taggerty on to Maroondah Highway, then if you want to avoid Black Spur, then at Buxton turn left to head towards Marysville, on arrival at the roundabout in Marysville turn left to head up past Lake Mountain to the top of the Reefton Spur, where you obviously turn down and head to Warburton.

#10 trev, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015